Evolving Healthcare Web Security for the New Threat Landscape
Federal incentives have accelerated the electronic exchange of patient health information. With critical information now residing in the cloud and accessed by a growing number of devices and applications, web-based attacks have become increasingly pervasive. The same forces that enable new efficiencies open healthcare providers up to new vulnerabilities.
Join experts from the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) and Akamai as we shed light on the following topics:
- The growth of cyber attacks on the healthcare industry
- The two most common types of attacks – DDoS and web application attacks
- The failure of traditional on-premise firewalls to protect patient health information
- How cloud-based web security solutions work
- Best practices for minimizing risk
In a recent HIMSS survey of 300 healthcare IT executives, 87% indicated that information security has increased as a business priority over the last year. This webinar can help you take proactive steps to address the evolving threat landscape.