White Paper: Shoring up Web Application Defenses
Learn how client IP reputation intelligence lets you block more web application threats in this white paper from Akamai.
What you need to know:
- Rate controls, a web application firewall (WAF) and client reputation data are used together for multi-layered web application security.
- A web application firewall focuses on incoming payloads to identify attacks.
- Client reputation focuses on the source of the requests, identifying IP addresses that have gained a bad reputation for malicious activity at other sites.
What you’ll learn:
- What can rate controls do and what can’t they do?
- Why do so many organizations have improperly installed WAFs?
- How to know whether to block or not to block each of thousands of web requests?
- Two essential capabilities made possible by client reputation data