Security Champions Guide to Web Application Security, an Akamai e-book
Learn the difference between a well-implemented web application firewall and what most companies do – and the implications for your web application defense.
What you need to know:
- This guide can help application security champions to ask deploy more effective web application security capabilities
- An application security champion can be a developer, an architect, a traditional information security role, or a technical manager
- Web application security must integrate into a living software organization, cope with determined attackers, and scale to meet future needs
What you’ll learn:
- How is a behavioral perimeter more important than a firewall?
- Does a web application firewall (WAF) have to be placed inline?
- Specific architectures to defend against SQL injection (SQLi), cross-site scripting (XSS), cross-site request forgery (CSRF), remote file inclusion (RFI)
- The missing link in most security architectures
- What should SecDevOps learn from DevOps?